West Sound Academy is holding a rummage sale fundraising event June 17, 2017. The purpose of this event is to raise money to benefit Elective classes at West Sound Academy. Dollar donations will be accepted and the proceeds from all items sold will be used in WSA’s 2018 fiscal year budget for the school’s electives program.
Donations will be accepted starting Saturday, June 10 to Wednesday, June 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. Please park in the area between the front of Ryan Hall and the back of Baker Hall in order to unload items into the Commons door at the back of Baker Hall (look for signage). Items will be refused if not in “gently used” condition or if they are on the list of items we are not accepting. WSA will be solely in charge of pricing and the donors should not expect any reserve prices or payment for items sold.
Pre-Sale for WSA Families and Friends
Pre-sale hours are Friday, June 16, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. only! Tickets to the pre-sale are $35, which includes one complimentary signature cocktail per ticket provided by our sale sponsor, Tucker Distillery. Enjoy a lovely beverage created especially for your shopping enjoyment as well as complimentary finger foods. Additional cocktails may be purchased on site with proceeds being donated to the school. Get a first chance to buy the items for sale during the pre-sale!
General Public Sale Day
The sale will take place on Saturday, June 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale area will be in the quad central to all the buildings as well as the Commons in the back of Baker Hall. Volunteers will be assigned to a particular area for sales and will have aprons where they can accept cash and checks. One credit card station will be set up in the Commons. Sold items will be stickered with a volunteer’s signature on it.
Any items not sold will be picked up by a thrift collector which we will have arranged ahead of time.
- Sporting goods & accessories such as camping gear, water sports, etc.
- Sporting outwear such as ski jackets, pants, boots, gloves, masks, cleats, etc
- Sporting equipment for skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, archery, lacrosse, hockey, soccer, equestrian, etc.
- Bikes, scooters, trailers
- Boats, kayaks, canoes, etc.
- Tools – hand tools, power tools, lawn tools, woodworking, auto repair, etc.
- Toys – no broken items, please
- Furniture (no rips, stains, smoking or pet damage, please)
- Household items (no broken or damaged items)
- Student Artwork
- Musical Instruments or equipment
- Everyday clothing
- Stuffed animals
- Incomplete sets or broken items
- Recalled items
- Baby car seats, cribs, highchairs, etc that have strict safety regulations
- Linens, towels, curtains, etc.
- Large appliances
- Media – VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs, etc
- Construction materials or excess supply
- Computers or printers